“The Way forward for West Indian Literature” – •
Right here is the Name for Papers (with prolonged deadline) for the fortieth West Indian Literature Convention and eleventh Essential Caribbean Symposium to be held on the College of The Bahamas, Nassau, The Bahamas in the course of the week of October 13-15, 2022. The unifying subject is “The Way forward for West Indian Literature. The deadline for summary submission is Might 16, 2022.
The Way forward for West Indian Literature, Inventive Practices, Tradition, and Criticism is in flux because the Caribbean area faces new and previous burdens and challenges. It’s crucial that we think about how we tackle impending crises that embrace local weather change and its impacts on the area, public well being crises, cultural commodification within the world market, Caribbean literary criticism and its metropoles, regional publishing, inventive cultural research, and the literary creativeness. As Caribbean futures proceed to be yoked to tourism and extractive and consumptive practices, the political and social wants of native residents are ignored, typically in favor of tending to guests. How do literary students, West Indian writers at house and within the diaspora, sort out these realities by means of the essential discourses within the discipline? How may tutorial establishments interact extra totally in these conversations and supply progressive interventions that profit native economies, mental communities, and cultural manufacturing? These are a number of the questions we’ll think about after we meet subsequent within the Bahamas.
This can be a hybrid convention and proposers are inspired to state which modality they would favor. The summary ought to state whether or not the presentation can be digital or in-person. The convention organizing committee encourages submissions from literary students and critics, and from all sectors of the inventive group. The proposal accompanying every paper/summary ought to point out how the work suits inside one of many following thematic threads:
- The Unbiased Inventive Financial system (together with however not restricted to visible arts, design, sustainable meals, digital experiences/internet 3.0 and movie)
- Imaging/Imagining the Inexperienced Financial system within the Caribbean Area
- LGBTQI Illustration in Politics, the inventive arts and tradition
- Writing/Righting the Calabash
- Cultural and Literary Criticism: New Terrains of Exploration
- Inventive Practices and Productions within the Wake of (Neo)colonialism
- Representing Trauma in Up to date Literature and Artwork
- Essential/Inventive Praxis and the Drawback of Pornotroping
- Inventive Artwork on the Crossroads of Social Justice and the World Market
- Larger Schooling and the Inventive/Essential Enterprise
- Pedagogy within the Wake of Demographic and Democratic Shifts
- Continental Shifts: The Altering Caribbean Literary and Cultural Landscapes
- Digital Diasporas and New Information Facilities: Leveling the Area of Play in Publishing
- Schooling within the digital area/EdTec
- Movie legacies, black our bodies on display screen
- Centre-metropole/periphery onshore/offshore dynamics in inventive industries
All different matters associated to West Indian Literature and Tradition can be thought of. Summary size must be 200-250 phrases. Deadline for summary submission is sixteenth Might 2022. Notification of resolution on Summary thirtieth Might 2022
Submission of paper/artwork work is thirty first August 2022.
Submission Process: Summary ought to include contact info (title, institutional affiliation, e mail, and mailing tackle). The summary have to be in English and submitted in Phrase format.
Please ship your Abstracts to email@example.com
Or any inquiries to the Co-Chairs of the Organizing Committee: