A 7-month-old baby girl passed away from fentanyl poisoning in her sleep.
Zhuri Bogle, of Penn Hills, Pennsylvania, was found unresponsive in her home on January 14th around 6:45 am. When officers arrived at the scene, they saw her father performing CPR according to WTAE News. Soon afterward, first responders took over the CPR but unfortunately, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
It was reported that Zhuri was under the care of her grandmother and her grandmother’s friend the night before. Furthermore, they stated that Zhuri was already put to bed by the time her parents arrived at the home late that night.
Tuesday it was announced that the infant sadly passed away from acute fentanyl toxicity. Reports state that detectives are consulting with the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office to decide if charges will be made.
A Go Fund Me was set up to help the parents with the funeral costs. On the page, it showed that services for the infant were held at a Pittsburgh funeral home on Feb. 7. She was laid to rest at Uniondale Cemetery.
Just two days before her death, an analysis by Families Against Fentanyl, a non-profit organization, found that fentanyl deaths among children 14 and under are increasing at a faster rate than those of any other age group in the U.S., as first reported by the New York Post.
Additionally, fentanyl deaths among children ages 5 to 14 have quadrupled between 2019 and 2021, according to the FAF analysis.
We will keep you all updated as more information is released.
Prayers to the family during this difficult time.
Leave a Reply