HBO Max Launches Scene In Black, a Social Platform to Amplify Black Expertise
HBO Max Scene in Black, an viewers initiative to amplify Black tales and expertise, is now stay on Instagram and Twitter. Along with these new social content material franchises for the platform, a lineup of in-person occasions will happen throughout the nation kicking off with “Insecure Fest” on October 23, to have a good time the beloved HBO collection Insecure. The customized content material and experiences will function HBO Max expertise and creators, present assets for dialogue, and embrace conversations amongst Black thought leaders, innovators, entrepreneurs, and influencers.
As a part of this roll-out, a brand new I Am Scene sizzle reel presents the Scene in Black manifesto, narrated by poet Cyrus Aaron, and highlights Insecure, I Could Destroy You, Lovecraft Nation, and extra beloved programming on HBO Max.
“We constantly try to develop considerate and artistic, audience-first campaigns that strategically have interaction Latinx, Black, Asian-American and LGBTQ+ audiences,” stated Jackie Gagne, Senior Vice President, Multicultural Advertising, HBO Max and HBO. “With the launch of Scene in Black, we additional that mission by curating an area to amplify and have a good time Black expertise in entrance of and behind the digicam whereas making a path for the following technology of creators to share their tales.”
Social Content material Franchises embrace:
- The Chapter That Modified You: Expertise will share an insightful or significant movie, ebook or TV present that has impacted their private and/or skilled careers.
- Word To My Youthful Self/Creatives Who Look Like Me: Expertise shares two to 3 issues they might inform their youthful self or up and coming creatives to organize for what the business/life will deliver.
- Scorching Takes: Expertise offers their “scorching takes” on controversial subjects which can be usually reserved for the group chat.
- Worst Audition: Expertise discusses their unsuccessful auditions or interviews and the way these moments contributed to their future successes.
- Filmmaker Starter Equipment: Breaking down the careers of filmmaking legends, framed as a primer or starter equipment for many who don’t know, or those that need to know extra.
To additional have a good time the launch of Scene in Black, HBO Max will host multi-market activations in choose cities all through the nation, beginning with a stay occasion in Los Angeles in late October to have a good time the fifth and remaining season of Insecure. Every occasion expertise will function meals, merchandise, musical performances, and a “Previous Empowers Future” panel dialog exploring how HBO Max and HBO empowered creatives to make their marks on and off-screen. In mild of COVID-19, every occasion will likely be taking vital precautions to make sure a secure and joyous celebration. Dates and particulars for every metropolis will likely be introduced nearer to the occasion.
Tastemakers from the choose cities will act because the Planning Committee and hosts for the household reunions, chargeable for curating meals distributors, opening musical acts, and DJs. Planning committee members embrace:
- New York Metropolis
- Brandon ‘Jinx’ Jenkins is a veteran media multi-hyphenate. He’s a TV host, podcast host, journalist, author, and DJ.
- Paige Shari Addison is a stay occasion host and social media advertising strategist hailing from East Atlanta. Together with participating plenty, Paige Shari is ready to intimately join with audiences on the bottom.
- Trey White has taken his South Facet Chicago persona and has grow to be a media persona seen on Tv and heard weekly on WGCI and Nationwide with iHeartMedia.
- Charles Beloved was born and raised in Chicago. He leads expertise model and occasions for a worldwide fintech firm. He’s the founder and host of RNBHouseParty occasion collection, and serves because the host for quite a lot of digital reveals.
“When our workforce introduced A Black Woman Sketch Present to HBO, we knew we might be in good arms,” stated Robin Thede, creator of A Black Woman Sketch Present. “The multicultural advertising workforce has grow to be part of our household and helped us present up immediately within the communities that matter most to us. Now with Scene in Black, followers of ABLSS have an official social hub to view unique content material and be taught extra about our solid and superb behind the scenes workforce. We’re thrilled about what’s to return.”
“The latest shifts that we’ve seen within the business have opened doorways for creatives like myself to share our tales and form the way in which our communities are depicted each on and offscreen, stated Sophia Nahli Allison, director of Eyes On The Prize: Hallowed Floor. “I’m enthusiastic about what’s to return sooner or later and I’m grateful that HBO Max will now provide this Scene in Black platform that highlights the work of the unbelievable creatives behind the scenes that I’ve the pleasure of working with.”
Introduced earlier this month, Scene in Black is an viewers initiative that’s the dwelling for Black creators, tastemakers, and dreamers, who’re culturally related, socially engaged and uniquely Black. Leveraging our wealthy historical past in amplifying Black tales and expertise, this social platform spotlights the visionaries amongst us, and collectively promotes and helps the telling of tales from the Black perspective.
Underneath the Our Tales to Inform banner, HBO Max’s audience-first initiative is a platform for visionaries inside a dynamic business, centered in range and wealthy in collaboration, celebration and the elevation of concepts. This audience-first initiative engages multicultural viewers by way of relatable storytelling and cultural programming at key moments and notable business occasions all year long. Our Tales to Inform consists of HBO Max Human By Orientation, launched in 2020, HBO Max Pa’lante!, which launched in March 2021 and now HBO Max Scene in Black.